Collection of articles about the Netopia 3347 (and other) setups.
- Basic Bridge Mode according to ATT
Note: The AT&T Support site contains help for your specific service type, your specific equipment, and the specific software that you use. Learn more about how our site works and how you can customize your settings!
It is recommended that you use AT&T provided networking equipment when attempting to network multiple computers/devices. If you choose to connect a third party router to your home network, please understand that third party routers are not supported by AT&T. The following steps are provided to help you to configure your AT&T provided modem/gateway to work with a third party router. Configuration instructions for your third party router can be found by contacting your router's manufacturer.
To bridge a Motorola/Netopia 3347NWG/3347-02/3347W, ensure that it is directly connected to your computer via Ethernet cable and that your third party router is completely disconnected while performing the steps below.
1. Open a web browser. 2. Type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. 3. Click the Go button or press the enter key on the keyboard. 4. Click on the Configure button in the upper menu bar.
Note: If you do not see Configure at the menu on the left, select Expert Mode, and then select Yes, to enter Expert Mode. You should then have an option to select Configure.
5. Click on the Advanced link.
6. Under the Services heading, select Ethernet Bridge.
7. Check the box next to Enable Bridging on Port (if set to Always On, proceed to next step).
8. Check the box next to Enable System Bridge. After making this selection, the window shrinks. 9. Click Submit. 10. At this point you should be ready to do the final save on the configuration changes you have made. The yellow Alert symbol will appear beneath the Help button on the right-hand end of the top menu bar. 11. Click on the yellow Alert symbol.
12. Click Save and Restart in the Save Database box to apply changes and restart the gateway.
- Configure Netopia with Multiple Static IP addresses
- Configure IP Maps on a Netopia Router